Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Pei In The Life

Finally! Mommy has been talking about getting me a blog for almost a week now and she finally put her butt in gear and signed me up. Then I had to push her out of her chair to get at the keyboard.

Let me introduce myself, I am Bolo, a Chinese Shar Pei of distinction.

You may also know me from Mommy's blog as Adventure Boy.

So let me tell you about my day.

It started when Mommy got up at some really early time in the morning. She was out of bed so I conveniently got up and pad pad padded over and settled on her nice toasty blankets. She wasn't using them, and I was chilly. A win win situation. Until she came back and wanted her blanket to herself. I can share so I gave her just enough. I knew it was enough because she went right back to sleep.

She woke me up again and I had to have my morning stretch and shake. THEY (my parents) were in a mood to cuddle me so I had to put up with those indignities. I let them do it because I know they like it. And they have opposable thumbs which are great for ear scratches. Finally they let me out to check the perimeters. I like to check the back yard first, then I'll poke my nose out the front door, make sure the squirrels haven't staged a coup.

Mommy and I saw Daddy off to work and then I went back for my morning nap. Mommy joined me so I had to look after her - she's not feeling good. I had to endure more cuddles. The life I lead, let me tell you.

I had a munch a bit ago. I'll need to get Mommy to get me more food. Maybe I can serenade her later and she'll refill my water dish too.

If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to guarding the house. Check the windows for possible squirrel sightings. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it.

No comments: