Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday Morning Report

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes. Sorry I didn't write yesterday but I was being a cuddle pig. I'd go cough cough and Mommy or Daddy would cuddle me. It felt good. I needed a cuddle day. Yes Grandad, I knew that the sign Daddy made had the radioactive symbol on it. It kept people away at least. It also said Bio-Hazard Warning. Infected Shar Pei (Typhoid Hairy) Kennel Cough. Daddy was being funny.

Mommy and Daddy say the antibiotics are working. It's only been two days but I'm not coughing as much. I'm still tired and they said a little listless. More cuddles should help. Anyway, I didn't want you all to go into kissable nose withdrawl, so I asked Mommy to put this picture up.I'm not up to a lot of photography right now, or writing and since today is a historically special day in our house, I'm going to write about that. Today would have been my "brother's" Adoption Day. I never met him, he crossed the bridge before I came here. Here's his picture.
His name was Shih Kwan, because someone told Mommy that Shih meant first and Kwan meant Dog in Chinese. He was her first dog ever.
Shih Kwan (February 1999 to December 2005)

You can see he has a much bluer tongue than me. I don't know if we would have liked each other, Mommy once said he didn't quite like black dogs; and we're total opposites personality wise - Mom says he was a loner and I've already mentioned I'm a cuddle pig. Our tails even curve in different directions. I don't know if I would have liked him, but I think I have a lot to thank him for.

Without him, I wouldn't be here with my family. I truely believe that. He taught them all sorts of stuff about Shar Peis, and that gave them the courage to raise another one after he crossed the bridge because of liver and kidney failure brought on by Shar Pei fevers.

I'm going to think on that today while being a bigger cuddle pig than yesterday. Sniff ya later!

5 comments:

River said...

Thanks for the nose fix. My mom would be happy to help you feel better with a cuddle! The dog who came before is a beautiful shar pei. My mom never heard of shar pei fever--that's scary! Hope you keep feeling better!

love & wags,
River

Unknown said...

Good thing that you are a cuddlebug. Those hugs will fix you up in no time! Get all better soon ...

Molly the Airedale said...

Shih Kwan was a very handsome boy!
We're glad that you're feeling better and coughing less, Bolo!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Charlie Daniels said...

G'day Bolo

So what you are same is, you two are the same but different! ;-)

Cheers

Charlie

Anonymous said...

Hi Bolo,

I didn't know that you weren't well! I was too busy taking care of Mercury, who was sneezing and sniffling - Did you catch it from her?

You look different from your brother but he was very cute and he too had a kissable nose:)

Licks n Wags,
Oorvi