Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Adendum, or, this one kind of was my fault.

Hi every puppy and kitty and person.

You know that magic list I was on? Yeah, it WAS for Day Camp. I kind of had fun. Made a few new friends, but Hurricane and I just couldn't get along. He's a yellow lab. Very rambunctious. Good for him. But we just didn't hit it off, you know?

So after lunch, when we met again, I kind of picked a fight with him. I should have known better because I got the worst of it. All he got was a scratch on the nose. I got stitches.


Three spot on my right side and one spot on my left. I don't know if I should be worried about my nose kissability, but I'm a little tired from all the excitement and the anesthetics. Oh wow, I got that word out, I wasn't sure I'd be able to.

Anyway, I want to apologize to Hurricane and his pawrents. Sorry. My Mom apparently wasn't too happy when she found out what I did. Neither was Daddy. I'm sure we'll have a chat when I'm conscious again.

I also want to thank Cindy and Sophie (I think Sophie was her name) and The Man (whose name I must have heard, and he was wearing a name tag, I just don't remember it) and everyone else who took care of me. Sophie and The Man took me to the Vet. Sophie held me the whole time. I think she needed the cuddle more than I did. But it was nice to have someone with me. Cindy gave me oddles of cuddles when we went back to pick up my lunchbox.

In good news, I am allowed back, but Mommy said I'd only go one on one. Which should be nice because I'll get more cuddles and attention that way.

Sniff ya later everyone. I'm going back to sleep.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh PEI! We are so sorry. You look terrible (don't have hurt feelings, but you DO ...) ouch ouch ouch. We are worried that the camp counselors put you in with the rambunctious dog and didn't keep an eye on things for those tipoffs that mean "I've had enough ..." You need some very carefully chosen buddies instead of a mosh pit!

Unknown said...

hmmmmmmmmmm um uhhhhhhhhh BOLO, why do I keep calling you PEI? hehehehehe. it does make kind of a cute name ....

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Oh POOR BOLO!!!!!! Your nose will always be kissable! Even though, as you say, it sounds like it was a tiny little bit your fault, it also sounds like that yellow lab has a serious set of teeth on him. Everyone knows that "Peis" are the sweetest dogs ever.

We hope you feel better soon.

Tom, Sen-Chan and #1

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so very sorry you had to get stitches, Bolo! OUCH!!!
From now on you have to play nice at camp, okay?

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Abby said...

Hi, Bolo...

Just wanted to stop by with an update on AutoBiography Week...

As you know, it's gonna be Oct 20 - 27th, but you can start putting your post together now...

When you have it ready, please email it to one of us:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or

crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Let's try to keep our posts to your 2 favorite pictures & under 500 words...

Our Mom's will get your post published on the "Littlest Memories" Blog during that week of Oct 20th thru 27th...

Thanks, & we hope you enjoy it...

Chef & Abby

AB clan said...

My dear Bolo!!!

I'm very sorry, you damaged your beautifull nose....
I had some fights too, with hitch in my face, but everything returned to normal.
Hope isn't painfull
Hugs
ViVi

River said...

Poor Bolo--dogbites hurt!! It won't affect the kissability of your nose--it will give people targets for kissing booboos. I don't like rambunctious doggies either, although I mostly bark at them (Mousse is the worst).

love & wags,
River

Dexter said...

Oh Bolo, maybe daycare just isn't the place for you. I got kicked out for letting other doggies put their heads in my mouth. I just don't like crowds with everybody all jumping and dashing around so much. I prefer private play dates.

Hope you work things out.

Slobbers,
Mango

P.S. Don't worry about the shnooz, some of the gals like dudes with a couple of scars.

Lindsay said...

Oh Bolo, we're so sorry to hear about this... You will be fine, and still every bit as kissable as you were before!

There are other dogs that don't know better... I put up with a lot at the dog park, but I'm the one that gets in trouble when I tell the other doggy off. Did you read last week that I WON a fight with a little blonde Cocker named Bailey? No stitches there, though.

Get well soon, Bolo! One on one play dates are way cooler, anyway!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan

Charlie Daniels said...

Bolo Bolo Bolo

I thought you were a lover not a fighter! ;-)

I hope your war wounds heel nicely.

Cheers

Charlie